Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Playground...

Gd morning everyone...ok..let's talk about our work. I myself work in a media company, my job is actually quite simple, I'm a production asst..so what does a production asst do? Well...here's my job scope.

  • I assist my boss while on the job be it filming or anything
  • Preparation for the upcoming jobs
  • Manage the sound/recording studio
  • Do editing on footage filmed
  • Do trailers or corporate video if requested by clients

But actually, most of the time I'm so called "stuck" in the recording studio due to a recent job which requires intensive mixing. Without further ado...let me introduce my playground...

*The Recording studio that I'm stuck in.

Well as you can see..this is my humble "playground". This is the place where we do voice recording as well as mixing..The keyboard to the left is my favourite, why? Simple..it's used to vent my frustrations on. E.g. I can play the keyboard when I'm really frustrated. (They say music is a good way to vent your frustrations..and it's true!) Also, if a particular music is needed to be fitted into the recording and it happens that we don't have the suitable music for it, the keyboard will come in handy.


*At work..

It's actually very cold inside the recording studio. Reason? It's because we need the air-con to cool down the mixing board as well as the system. So working inside can be quite chilly...

Well..that's about all..will update my blog again soon.


No comments: